Academic Tutoring Resources
Smarthinking provides online tutoring services in a variety of academic disciplines. Their tutoring services are designed to enhance learning and increase student academic achievement.
Most forms for changes to your academic profile can be found here.
What is Your Learning Style?
We don’t all learn in the same way. Some students learn best by seeing new material, while others prefer hearing lessons, or even a hands-on approach. Some thrive on group learning, while others prefer solo study. Each learning style has its strengths and challenges.
Use the links below to learn more about learning styles, and help you to identify your own personal learning style.
Self-Paced Tutoring Resources
If you need tutorial assistance in Math and/or Microsoft Office products and you have the ability to learn at your own pace, click here to view the current self-paced tutoring resources provided by The Front Porch.
Local Tutoring Assistance
We understand that online tutoring is not for everyone; therefore, we are partnering with local tutors near our educational centers for students who still need face-to-face tutoring instruction. Click the location link below to view the available tutoring service in the Houston area.
Remediation Assistance Program
Students sometimes experience challenges with successfully passing the practice tests for several reasons. In an effort to assist you with the difficulties you are experiencing we offer group and individual remediation sessions. Students participating in a remediation session will have the fee for their next practice exam waived. Click here for information.
Effective study skills are essential for any successful college experience. Online learning requires focus and discipline to get the most from your study time. But when it comes to learning, it’s not a one-size-fits-all world. The key is to understand your personal strengths – and the ways that you may need help.
Remember, at LeTourneau University “online” does not mean “alone.” Your professors, your personal student advocate, even other students in your classes can all be resources for your achievement.
Tips for Successful Study
- Find a quiet, well lit spot for your study, away from family activities, ringing phones and other distractions.
- Enlist your family as members of your success team by explaining your education goals to them and how important they are
- Develop a regular schedule and ask family members to observe a “quiet time” during your study.
Here are links to many resources designed to help you succeed in your studies.
(click each resource heading to expand/collapse)
Library and Learning Resources
MyLETU Courses and Tutorials
Research Style Guide
Son of Citation –Citing Sources Accurately
Test Preparation and Studying
TExES Test-Taking Tips
Math and English Tutorials
Online tutorials are available to help students improve their Math and English skills.
You will use your LetNet account to access these diagnostic tools. Just follow the steps below to get started.
- Login to Blackboard by going to online.letu.edu.
- Click the User Login button on the left side of the screen.
- Type in your username and password. This is the same information as your LeTNET account.
- You are now in Blackboard, so click on the Courses tab at the top of the page.
- In the Course Search box type New Student Tutorial and click GO.
- Click the Enroll button on the right side of the page and follow the directions to enter the tutorial.
- The Math and English Tutorials are posted under the Course Content tab.